Comprehensive Guide to Masonry Municipal Regulations in Pierrefonds-Roxboro
Everything You Need to Know to Successfully Complete Your Exterior Cladding Work
Permits: When Are They Necessary?
The first question most people have is about permits. In Pierrefonds-Roxboro, if your work is limited to minor repairs, such as brick or stone repointing, you don't need a permit. However, for substantial modifications to the exterior wall, the permit application process becomes imperative.
Approved Materials for Cladding
It's crucial to familiarize yourself with the approved materials for exterior cladding:
- Clay, concrete, or sand bricks
- Natural or reconstituted stone
- Ribbed glass blocks
- Glass curtain wall
- Various types of architectural concrete blocks
- Stucco, with or without added natural elements, colored or not
- Cedar wood, as well as other types of wood
- Panels or siding in vinyl, aluminum, steel, or masonite
- Fiber cement
- Variously treated aluminum
- Various types of masonry assembly panels and sidings
The evaluation fees for the permit are proportional to the total estimated cost of the work. The rate is $9.80 for each $1,000 slice of estimated work. The minimum payment is:
- $157 for a building exclusively for residential use
- $462 for a commercial, industrial, institutional, or mixed-use building
All costs related to the work must be included in this evaluation, including taxes.
Painting and Wall Decorations
Paint application on masonry surfaces is prohibited. The same applies to paints that imitate other materials. However, wall murals are permitted under very specific conditions.
Required Documents for File Assessment
For a comprehensive analysis of your project, you must provide:
- An estimate or grid of anticipated costs, including taxes
- A certificate of location
- Recent photos of the affected facades and adjacent buildings
If the building is heritage-classified, additional documents will be required.
Condominiums and Agents
If you're in a condominium, written authorization from each co-owner or a resolution from the union is needed. For agents, a power of attorney will be required.
Possible Additional Fees
Additional fees may be applied if your building has a heritage value or meets specific architectural standards. It is important to note that these fees are non-refundable.
We hope this guide has shed light on the various municipal regulations regarding masonry in Pierrefonds-Roxboro. For any questions or masonry needs, feel free to contact us!
If you have any questions or concerns, do not hesitate to contact your borough's permit counter for clarification. Here is the link for the official page of the Municipal Regulation of the Pierrefonds-Roxboro Borough.