Everything You Need to Know About Exterior Siding Regulations of the Borough of Anjou
Minor Repair and Maintenance
When you're looking to conduct maintenance or minor repairs on your building's exterior, it's reassuring to know that a permit isn't necessary if you're using materials that match the existing ones. Additionally, repairing brick or stone joints (pointing) on an exterior wall doesn't require a permit either.
Modifying or Replacing Exterior Siding
If you're thinking of changing or replacing the siding of an exterior wall, it's essential to obtain the appropriate permit.
Costs Associated with the Permit
The fees related to applying for a permit depend on the estimated cost of the work. Here's the breakdown:
- $9.80 for every $1,000 of anticipated work
- A minimum of $157 for purely residential buildings
- A minimum of $462 for commercial, industrial, institutional, or mixed-use buildings
It's crucial to include in your estimate all costs related to the work, including taxes. There might be additional charges if your building is located in a historic area or if it needs to adhere to specific architectural standards. Remember, these fees are non-refundable.
To process your application, you'll need to provide:
- A detailed bid or cost projection for the work, inclusive of taxes
- A certificate of location (including all pages)
- Updated color photos of the facades of neighboring properties
- Recent color photos of the facades impacted by the work
- Any other document deemed necessary for the evaluation of the application
If the renovations are in a condominium:
- An authorization letter from each owner or a resolution from the condominium board is necessary
- If you're acting as a representative, a power of attorney that allows you to represent the owner is also required.
At Masonry Montreal, we're committed to offering you the most accurate and up-to-date information regarding the regulations of the Anjou district in Montreal. If you have any questions or concerns, don't hesitate to reach out to us. We're here to help you navigate these regulations and ensure your masonry projects are carried out in compliance with the current standards. Do not hesitate to contact the permit counter in your borough for clarification. Here is the link for the official page of the Municipal Regulations of the Anjou Borough.