Masonry Montreal: Your Guide to Regulations in Saint-Léonard
Practical Tips for Your Masonry Projects
At Masonry Montreal, we pride ourselves on assisting you in the realization of your masonry projects. Here's a comprehensive guide to help you navigate the specific regulations of the Saint-Léonard district.
Maintenance and Minor Repairs
When it comes to minor maintenance or repair work on exterior cladding:
- No permit required: If the total cost of the work does not exceed $3,000 and you are not changing the cladding material, you can proceed without a permit. This includes activities such as painting and repairing bricks or wood.
Full Cladding Replacement
If you're considering a complete overhaul of your building's exterior cladding:
- Mandatory permit: It's essential to obtain a permit for such work.
- Masonry Requirements: Depending on the purpose of your building (whether it's residential, commercial, industrial, or mixed-use), a certain percentage of masonry is required on various facades. We recommend contacting the permit counter for precise information.
Associated Permit Costs
The fees related to obtaining a permit depend on the estimated cost of your work:
- Pricing: Expect to pay $9.80 for every $1,000 of work.
- Minimum fees:
- $157 for strictly residential buildings.
- $462 for commercial, industrial, institutional, or mixed-use buildings.
It's crucial to include all associated costs in your project, including taxes. Additional fees may apply for heritage buildings or those subject to specific architectural standards.
For your application to be processed, you'll need to provide:
- A detailed cost estimate, including taxes.
- A location certificate.
- Plans signed and certified by an architect or an engineer, where necessary.
- Any other document deemed relevant for the analysis of your request.
If the work involves a condominium, an authorization letter from all co-owners or a resolution from the union is required. If you're acting as a representative, a power of attorney is necessary.
In conclusion, at Masonry Montreal, we are committed to providing you with all the necessary information to ensure your masonry projects run smoothly. Adhering to municipal regulations is crucial to ensure the safety and quality of your work.
If you have any questions or concerns, do not hesitate to contact your borough's permit counter for clarification. Here is the link for the official page of the Municipal Regulation of the Saint-Léonard Borough.